Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Putting away the decorations

 I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and a fabulous time ringing in the New Year.We did, and now the lights are coming down and being packed away sanely and separately so they are easy to put up again next December.I have all the tree decorations packed away and the tree is down. The living room has been put back in order and vacuumed. Now I need to tackle putting away the Autumn, Christmas, and Winter Holiday fabrics and pull out the Valentine and St. Paddy's Day fabrics and get some dolls made.I did not find the time to get any dolls made after I made a couple witches. I just got too busy with the craft show preparations and online orders. I did a whopping business with those scented coasters. I also have a lot of supplies that really need to be put away and the craft room needs A LOT of help to get it back in workable order! Whew, what a mess. I'm not the neatest when I am creating.
 Had to have people out here 3 times over the last 3 weeks to get the house heater actually fixed. 3rd time was a charm I guess. It is now working again, I don't have to wear my coat in the house anymore.
We celebrated our oldest grandson's 11th birthday yesterday. He's got about 3-4 inches to go and he's as tall as me, they grow so fast. He'll be going to Jr. High next school year, just doesn't seem possible.
After all that cleaning and putting away we got done today I am ready to pull up a comfy chair and read my latest Annie's Attic Mysteries Book. I am on The Deed in The Attic. I'm so hooked on this series as well as the Elm Creek Quilts series of books too. A new one came out in November and I missed it! That has to go on my wish list.
Here's to all, I hope you all have a safe, happy and healthy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment