Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Time Flies

We've celebrated our daughter's birthdays in Oct. The Mister's was last week. This is the cake I made him. Today is mine and I've told him he can make me a Cheese Pie. He asked if I was looking to get poisoned, had to laugh at him. I said you can follow my recipe and it will be great. He made me a birthday cake one year, it was lopsided so he compensated by adding an extra can of frosting to make it look straight. Boy was that cake sweet!! He's such a doll. I will share the recipe I used to make his Strawberry Cream Cake Roll.

It's from Taste of Home
Strawberry Cream Cake Roll

Ingredients

  • 4 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® pure vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup sifted cake flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Confectioners' sugar

  • CREAM FILLING:
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands® pure vanilla extract
  • 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries, cut up
  • Additional whole strawberries
  • Whipped cream, optional

Directions

  • In a bowl, beat eggs with vanilla on high speed with an electric mixer for 5 minutes or until lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar, beating until dissolved. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; fold gently into egg mixture just until combined. Pour into a greased and waxed paper-lined jelly roll pan. Spread batter evenly over pan. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Turn out onto a cloth that has been sprinkled with confectioners' sugar. Peel off paper from cake; roll up cloth and cake. Cool.
    • For filling, whip cream, sugar and vanilla. Unroll cake and spread filling over it; sprinkle with strawberries. Roll up the cake again and chill 2 hours before serving. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar; garnish with strawberries, and additional whipped cream if desired. Yield: 10 servings.

    Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 237 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
     
  • Taste of Home 
I also promised a picture of the wood items I was working on. They are done and for sale if anyone is interested. Just send an email and let me know.


This pile of wood parts becomes this Bunny with changeable ears for the holidays. I call it the Holiday Bunny.I've been makin' him for years and he is quite popular.  I make lots of different ears to go with him. (sold separately though). I did sell him as a set but most people like to pick and choose the ears to go with their bunny. So they are all sold separately now.
I'm also working on a wood turkey will add a picture of him when done.
Enjoy your day. I know I will. The Mister took off work today to spend my birthday together so we are going out on a date.

No comments:

Post a Comment