Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

I've been busy sewing school clothes for my niece. And as usual trying to organize all my supplies and fabric. It's a never ending process! Years ago when I first started collecting fabric----now I used to sew most of what I collected back then ------ I was working at a fabric store and I couldn't turn down the good buys. 3/4yd. and less on the bolt was put in a box under the cutting table and at the end of the day we could buy whatever pieces we wanted for 10-25 cents each. Needless to say I started collecting a lot of fabrics. At that time I was mainly sewing my kids clothes and things around the house like draperies, pillows, table runners, placemats and the like. It was after the kids hit Jr. High and wanted store bought clothes that I started crafting and quilting more. I started an organized fabric log. It was quite handy and at that time I only had about a dozen containers full of fabric. I gave up on the fabric log once the containers doubled in size. But it was a great idea while I kept it up. I wanted to share a link to someone who has done the same and created a printable for y'all if you'd like to try your hand at organizing. My log sheets were very similar.

http://www.sewweekly.com/2011/11/fabric-swatch-notebook-printable/

No comments:

Post a Comment